Protein: 44gCarbohydrates: 41g (all clean); Fiber: 10g!
Monosaturated Fat 8g; Saturated Fat 4g;
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
About This Recipe
This warm entree salad is an Italian taste treat--flavored with tomatoes, basil, and balsamic vinegar. It's not only high in protein and low in calories and fat, it packs 10 whopping grams of dietary fiber. Moreover, it has no starch, so it's a perfect quick and easy supper for anyone who is insulin resistant or diabetic. Best of all, the taste is fantastic!
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast Halves
- Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) divided
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Baskets Red Grape Tomatoes (or 1 Basket Red and 1 Basket Yellow)
- 1 (6 oz) Bag Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 (6 oz) Can Medium Ripe Black Olives (halved)
- 1 (15.5 oz) Can Great Northern Beans (thoroughly rinsed and drained)
- 2 (1 oz) Packages Fresh Basil (minced)
- 1/2 Cup Minced Italian Parsley
- 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon each Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded or grated)
- Sprinkle Montreal Chicken seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Add 1 Tablespoon EVOO to a medium saute pan set over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and saute about 10 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature is 165 degrees F. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil.
- In the same pan, add the second tablespoon EVOO and the pressed garlic, stir until aromatic. Add the Tomatoes, Beans, Black Olives, and salt and pepper. Saute 4-5 minutes and add the Balsamic vinegar. Remove from heat and stir in minced basil and parsley.
- Divide spinach leaves among 4 dinner plates.
- Slice chicken breasts on the bias and top each spinach bed with 1/4 of the chicken.
- Ladle the hot tomato/balsamic mixture over the chicken and garnish generously with Parmesan cheese.